The 13 ft Acolyte Distance Feeder rod is designed for fishing at long range and is capable of casting big feeders while retaining its fish playing action.
This superbly powerful rod is capable of ultra long range casting with big feeders up to 3 ½ oz (100 g). With the right technique, distances approaching 100 m can be achieved with remarkable accuracy.
Many other distance feeder models end up imbalanced and over-gunned, and in some cases look more like beach casters than feeder rods! As a result, they lose tactile contact and feel when playing fish and result in more hook-pulls.
Working with five times World Champion Alan Scotthorne and top international match anglers Steve Hemingray, Darren Davies and Dean Barlow, we have extensively field tested and modified various Acolyte Distance Feeder prototypes in the UK and Ireland over a period of more than two years.
The finished model successfully combines the normal feeder rod requirements of bite detection, sensitivity, fish playing feel and balance with ultra long range casting. It also represents fantastic value for money compared to other models, some of which are more than twice the price!
Martin Bowler points out this is more than just an ultra long range feeder rod, it is excellent for big fish, big feeders and its 13 ft length provides improved line management in heavy flow.
Optimum mono reel lines are 6 lb to 10 lb (2.7 kg to 4.5 kg) or 0.08 to 0.12 mm braid. The rod is supplied with 3 oz, 4 oz and 5 oz carbon tips, which are also available separately with 2.5 oz and 6 oz test curves.
Please note: The spare Drennan Distance Tips are exclusive to this model and do not fit other Acolyte feeder rods.
- 13 ft (3.96 m)
- Three pieces construction
- Crisp and responsive blank for optimum casting accuracy
- Ideal for long ranges up to 100 m+
- Great with bombs and feeders up to 100 g
- Best matched with reel lines from 6 lb to 10 lb (2.7 kg to 4.5 kg) or 0.08 to 0.12 mm braid
- SiC guides
- Fuji DPS 'screw-down' reel seat
- Full cork handle
- Engraved butt cap
- Supplied with fine 3 oz, 4 oz and 5 oz Drennan Distance Tips
- Drennan Distance Tips feature larger guides to allow shock leader knots to easily pass through